NEWS FLASH: TDWP Has 5 Story Slots to Fill ASAP!!
Want to write for The Doctor Who Project?
We have five story spots to fill and The Doctor Who Project is looking for writers who would be interested in writing fiction for our series of original Doctor Who adventures. Of the five open spots – three spots are intended as part of the forthcoming Season 38; one spot for 2012 Christmas Special and one for 2013 Anniversary Special.
We are currently accepting story outlines for consideration and are looking for five imaginative, original and entertaining stories featuring the TDWP Tenth Doctor and his current companions Val Rossi and Tom Brooker. The stories should be in the range of 18,000-45,000 words and can cover a broad range of themes and subjects. Doctor Who is a series with a flexible format and can accommodate numerous styles and genres.
So why not submit a story outline to us. We’d love to publish one of your original stories as part of the TDWP range.
When submitting story proposals…
- Please feel free to be as detailed as possible. The more detailed a proposal, the more likely your story will be accepted for publication.
- Proposals should be attached to an email in a MS Word or Rich Text Format document.
- Proposals should include your full name and email contact.
- Tell us a bit about yourself. Include a short bio about yourself.
- And, if this is the first time you are submitting a story proposal, please include one or two samples of your previously written work.
- Do not submit a story idea featuring former companion(s) from the television series.
- Be creative – try to develop your own aliens, monsters, villains or foes. Using your own monsters/villains will be a better gauge of your abilities as a writer instead of relying on old monsters/villains. However, having said that, we are not opposed to publishing a story featuring a monster or villain from the TV series.
- Do not use, or refer to any elements, continuity or creations from the Virgin or BBC novels, Doctor Who comic strips, the current BBC television series, the 1996 Doctor Who TV movie, the two 1960’s Peter Cushing movies, or Big Finish audios. Any stories featuring any of these elements will be automatically rejected.
- Any companions who may have died in the novels (e.g. Liz Shaw) are still alive. Any companion “personality” changes, (e.g. Ace in the Virgin novels), has not happened in the Doctor Who Project universe. That’s not to say that these companions would not have changed in their time away from the Doctor, it’s just that they should not have changed in the same way as in the novels/audios.
If you would like a copy of the full submission guidelines or have any questions, please email us at the email address below.
Deadline for story submissions is May 12, 2012.
Outlines can be sent to jigsawpublications (@) yahoo (dot) ca.