Writer Wanted for 2012 Christmas Special
In addition to filling 7 spots for 2013, we are looking to fill the 2012 Christmas Special spot with a brand new story. The requirements for the story are that it should either be set at Christmas, feature some aspect of Christmas or use some aspect of Christmas as the stories theme, and that the story uses the TDWP 10th Doctor and companions Val and Tom.
The Christmas Special will follow on from the Season 38 season finale and December 15 has been set as the publication date of the special.
If you’d like a chance to write for TDWP and pen a Christmas story we’d like to hear from you.
When submitting story proposals…
- Please feel free to be as detailed as possible. The more detailed a proposal, the more likely your story will be accepted for publication.
- Proposals should be attached to an email in a MS Word or Rich Text Format document.
- Proposals should include your full name and email contact.
- Include a short paragraph telling us a little bit about yourself and your writing history. (It doesn’t matter whether or not you’ve been published before.)
- If this is the first time you are submitting a story proposal to us, please include one or two samples of your previously written work.
- Do not submit a story idea featuring former companion(s) from the television series.
- Do not submit stories that have been previously published.
- Do not use, or refer to any elements, continuity or creations from the Virgin or BBC novels, Doctor Who comic strips, the current BBC television series, the 1996 Doctor Who TV movie, the two 1960’s Peter Cushing movies, or Big Finish audios. Any stories featuring any of these elements will be automatically rejected.
- Any companions who may have died in the novels (e.g. Liz Shaw) are still alive. Any companion “personality” changes, (e.g. Ace in the Virgin novels), has not happened in the Doctor Who Project universe. That’s not to say that these companions would not have changed in their time away from the Doctor, it’s just that they should not have changed in the same way as in the novels/audios.
Deadline for story proposals is June 25, 2012.
Proposals should be sent to your email address found on the upper righthand side of this page.