Reminder: Assistant Editor Sought
The Doctor Who Project is looking to fill the post of ASSISTANT EDITOR to provide editorial assistance with both the TDWP main range and Brief Encounters.
The Assistant Editor duties will include:
- Work closely with the TDWP Range Editor and Editor.
- Assists the Editor in soliciting new writers.
- Edits written material to ensure proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Works with writers to help fine tune their stories whether in style, direction, content, grammar, etc.
- Ensures that submitted stories are complete, accurate, free of clichés or hidden meanings, makes sense, progresses in a logical fashion and in good taste.
- May be called upon to represent TDWP at conventions, events, panels, online, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and qualifications:
- Excellent editing skills.
- Possess a good command of the English language; speaks and writes English fluently.
- Should have had some prior experience with editing, preferably in editing fiction.
- Familiar with Doctor Who classic series, its history, characters, etc.
- The candidate should be imaginative, enthusiastic, open to new ideas, resourceful.
- Must be able to meet and adhere to deadlines.
- Be able to work well with others – team player.
- Be able to take direction from others.
If you are interested in the above position, please reply with your full name, email contact, and outlining your past editing/writing experience and why you feel you would be the ideal candidate for the post. Applicants are also asked to include a sample(s) of their writing in Word or PDF format.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2016
To apply for this position, email TDWP Editorial Board at email@example.com.